1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound turns off when I play Video Games on PC

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LEO34, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LEO34

LEO34 Thread Starter

I recently had to purchase a brand new motherboard because my last one died on me and now I am having a strange problem. I can not seem to play any video games without the sound from the game turning off and pausing any music I happen to be listening to. I can turn back on the Music by skipping ahead in the song track but the game sound stays off until it resolves itself after a few minutes.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has any Ideas.

2. newtonis

newtonis

Which version of direct X are you using?

3. LEO34

LEO34 Thread Starter

Direct X 11

4. newtonis

newtonis

Oh! sorry but i can't help you as your direct X is updated and doesn't seem to create any problem. I have no idea about any other fault.

5. LEO34

LEO34 Thread Starter

Thanks anyways, I can add a bit more detail. When I load a game the sound will run for about 3 minutes then the computer goes silent.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1088783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice