1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound very faint after PC move

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leozeo, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leozeo

leozeo Thread Starter

PC Dell Dimension 9150
    Windows XP SP3 home edition

Moved the PC the other dau and all went blank.
    After switching on and off all started finctioning ok except for sound. Very faint and crackly at the highest volume.
    I am connected to the 5.1 Dell speaker system.
    Have checked that all volume leves are up, sound card Creative SB X fi is working and drivers are current, no issues indicated in Device manager.
    Have also checked that the speakers are connected exactly as advised by Dell. Recoonected everything and even restored the system to previous date but alas without success.
    Plugging in a headphone at the front works fine but speakers don't.
    Can anyone out there provide guidance as to how I can possible resolve this issue?
    Thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

2. leozeo

leozeo Thread Starter

No clues anyone? Would it be worth buying a new soundcard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice