1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound/Video Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Starwa314, Jan 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starwa314

Starwa314 Thread Starter

I recently got a new video and sound card for my HP Pavilion 7090. None of the cards work at the moment. The manuals for the new cards say the that the onboard video and sound need to be disabled in or for them to work. Since I got my computer in a garage sale, I don't of the manual for my computer. Can someone please help me?

2. deuce

deuce

I'm pretty sure since you have a HP you have Pheonix bios. Go into it by pressing del or F10 right after the memory count and there you can disable onboard sound and video. It will be under one of the options (sorry... I don't remember what each option says) probably saying peripherials? I don't remember phoenix that well... just poke around and you will find it. Then when you are done save and exit and skip the plug n'play prompt to install microsoft's drivers. One you get into windows intall the manufacture's drivers for the sound and video. You might want to take these one at a time. In you bios disable both... but put the vid card in and not the sound, and install the vid card, then put in the sound card and do that one,

3. Starwa314

Starwa314 Thread Starter

I had to upgrade my BIOS a while ago so my new processor would work. Right now, I have a Mr BIOS bios. And I don't see anything in the BIOS setup that mentions anything concerning turning off the onboard video or sound. Would it help any if I post all the settings the I'm able to change in the BIOS setup screen?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65063

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice