1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound & Volume Control missing SP1

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ourselfish, Aug 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ourselfish

ourselfish Thread Starter

Yesterday my mother complained about a lack of sound on her laptop

HP dv5 Vista Home SP1 X64 AMD 4gb
    Today the the volume control is missing, though ive encouraged her to explore windows, i doubt that she is dense enough to delete her own Drivers, thinking that the icon had been disabled from the task bar, I checked the properties, the box for the sound monitor is grayed out...

2. Jelly-Bean

Jelly-Bean

3. needafix

needafix

Try right clicking on the taskbar at the bottom and clicking properties and then look to see if "hide inactive icons" is selected. If it is unselect it and see if the volume control appears down by the clock.

Or go to Control Panel and click on "Sounds and Audio Devices" then make sure that showing the volume icon on the task bar is selected.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/852841

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice