Sound Woes going from Xbox to PC with AR50 & MIXAMP unit

paulb100

hi

my mate sold his Xbox to go to PC, he used AR50's on MIXAMP which are optical only, so he just bought a Soundblaster Z (PCIe x1) to go into the PC only to find out he still can't get anywhere? seems the ARs MIXAMP is for consoles/Xbox

so now he has the AR50 n MIXAMP n Soundblaster Z in PCEix1 connected by Optical

whats his best course of action here?

thanks in advance

Oddba11

Jim
Sounds like the issue is the Mixamp. If it's not PC compatible, then it needs to be replaced.

Oddba11

Jim
I've not used nor tested any of those. From just looking at the parts they offer, they make models that are multi-platform and models that are platform specific. So you can't use a PS4 only model, for example, on an XBox or PC and expect it to work.

Having said that, has your friend watched the video? Is the hardware properly connected? Is the hardware recognized by the PC? Is the Windows audio configuration setup to use optical out and the proper hardware or output selected as the default output device?

paulb100

hard to say bud as im not there, he has no tech experience , a technophobe, I sent him the video, but he said he still couldn't get it too work?

paulb100

sorry but he now SOLD the AR40's and is now looking for advice on a combo, has the SBZ (no mic headset) but wants the AE-7..can annyone help?

thanks

Oddba11

Jim
The AE-7 would be a replacement for the SBZ. He will still need a set of headphones. As for which headphones, it is a matter of preference. Even the AR40's would very likely have worked without the MixAmp in the middle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online