1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sound works fine, and then goes away. Have latest driver. vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by musiclover, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. musiclover

musiclover Thread Starter

Not sure why, but sound seems to work fine for a while on my Vista machine, which has an Audiophile 2496 sound card, but then at some undetermined juncture, it goes mute. Restarting the machine, brings it back, but it is annoying. Not sure what causes it. It iwlll run fine for a day, and then, middle of the next day, it will be gone.. Cannot see a pattern, but I am looking for advice. It comes back from screen saver fine usually.. All of a sudden, sound will just not be there..

Any advice appreciated..

2. musiclover

No one has ever had this problem?

3. lawson_jl

lawson_jl

When the sound stops does the sound card appear in device manager?

4. musiclover

Yes it does.. and I can access the sound control panel.. I can even click on test sounds and watch my meter's go up and down.. but, nothing comes out... I just went away for 4 days.. and when I came back, my computer still amazingly had sound.. Have been using it all day, and I still have sound.. Before.. I was losing it every day, at some juncture, and would have to reboot..

Thanks for the reply...

5. musiclover

So, this is now looming its bloody head again. I reloaded windows on this system, and for several weeks, never saw any sign of this problem. Now, starting last night and again this morning, I am starting to lose sound again.. Any advice appreciated..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!