1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by harley1153, Apr 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. harley1153

harley1153 Thread Starter

I don't know if this is right site or not but here goes I had sound on my computer when I took it in to get look at they replaced the hard drive in it but now no sound I asked them why I didn't have sound now and was told it was nothing that they did any clue whats going on thanks, terry :mad: :confused:

2. harley1153

harley1153 Thread Starter

3. Lurker1

Lurker1

Well you probably should have posted this in hardware. Anyway I would guess that they didn't reload any drivers for your soundcard after they replaced the hard drive. I suggest taking it back until they get it right. If you have the drivers you can try loading them yourself.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Moved to Hardware. :)

5. oldie

oldie

Check windows update. Any critical updates found? Read carefully and dowload if appropriate to your problem. Be wary of downloading any non critical bits and pieces :eek:

Regards - Oldie

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I wouldn't use windows update for hardware drivers. Best to use the one from the manufacturer website, or the ones that came on the cdrom that should have come with the computer/motherboard.

Just from experience ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217989

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice