sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

whitebrow

recently upgraded to 2000 sound would not work so installed new soundcard(envy 24) but it still won't work,everything seems ok no conflicts,it says that the new souncard is enabled and working fine,going out of my mind :confused:

jd_957

Banned
speakers plugged in? volume turned up?

i just bought a new computer myself. NO SOUND. until i found out the extra power cord had to be plugged into the back of the speaker to work. just a few thoughts.

whitebrow

jd_957 said:
speakers plugged in? volume turned up?

i just bought a new computer myself. NO SOUND. until i found out the extra power cord had to be plugged into the back of the speaker to work. just a few thoughts.

Going back to the basics.......is any MUTE clicked on by mistake? Check all the volume controls for each sound source.

No sounds even if you go to sounds in Control Panel and "Preview" system sounds?

Got the sound cable from the CD/DVD player plugged into the sound card?

Can you hear music with Headphones plugged directly into the Player...but nothing when plugged into the sound card?

And last but not least, are you sure you haven't blown out your eardrums from previous excessive volume levels? :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online