sound?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

brett69n

i have no sound, i started the comp and it is silent, play errors gallor

Hi there.

First things first - have you tried a simple reboot? This may cure it.
If not, try Settings. Control Panel, Sound and see if all settings look OK.

Will an Audio CD play?

If not, look under System - Device Manager- Sounds and Video. Highlight your sound card entry and see if there are any conflicts reported. If there are you will probably have to reinstall its drivers from the CD that came with the card.

More info about your system and OS would help, plus the exact wording of a few of those error messages you are getting.

brett69n

nothing at all would work, so i went to my hardware installer and uninstalled the sound card and reinstalled and it was fine. i had installed a dvd player and it somehow disrupted the sound action. thanks for the help, you guys have a great site, and it helps a lot of us amatuers.

Hi again,
Checking card connections would have been the logical next step and I'm glad it all came out okay.

BTW - we are all amateurs you know, pros get paid!

And don't forget, you just might have an answer to someone else's problem so you could drop in every now and then to see what's on the boards - that's what most of us do!.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online