1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sound

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by elsiepaulan, May 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. elsiepaulan

elsiepaulan Thread Starter

I have a new Windows 7 (formerly had WindowsXP). Now I cannot get any internet sound. Is my modem incompatiable ?? Or what?

2. maceman

maceman

Hi Elsiepaulan,

It is probably just a driver issue, just re-install your audio drivers. If you need more help, let us know more about your sound card and computer.

3. Wu-tang

Wu-tang

I'm assuming when playing a music file the sound works since you said "internet sounds". If that's the case, I'm not sure if it's a driver issue, either way, it's best to get the latest drivers anyway.

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

Assuming that you did an upgrade, as others have said, you need to install your sound card drivers. You probably have a motherboard cd you can pull them off of, if you have a branded computer, go to the company website and get them there. Once installed, you'll have sound again.

5. elsiepaulan

Sorry , I did not mention that the computer is new with the Windows 7. And I have no idea what a sound card or audio driver card is.:mad:

6. Bernardo

Bernardo

You bought a new computer with Windows 7 and the sound doesn't work????????????

7. elsiepaulan

yes, only the internet sound. if I use a CD that sound works

8. Bernardo

Bernardo

On the websites, usually there is a volume control ---- are you sure that isn't all the way down?

9. schang626

schang626

what is the internet sound?

10. Bernardo

Bernardo

The sounds you would hear playing a UTbue video, etc.

11. Wu-tang

Wu-tang

A sound card is something inside your computer that processes sounds. To use a sound card, your computer will need to communicate with it. To do this, it uses drivers. Since you can hear sounds when playing a CD, it means as far as I know it is not a driver issue.

Try downloading Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome and use them instead of Internet Explorer, and see if the problem is still there.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/921045

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice