soundblaster 5.1 drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mystified_UK

Hi all

I have a soundblaster 5.1 soundcard, to identify it i used control panel and the device is stated as ES1371. It has 3 coloured outputs and a mic input (so i know its definately capable of sending out 6 channels of sound :p)
I bought it about 18 months ago and always used the standard XP pro driver, because I only used it with a cheapo set of speakers.

Now i've got a megaworks 5.1 speaker system, but I can't hear all the channels :(
I play Battlefield 1942 and want to get the full effect but I only get the front left/right and subwoofer..

Can someone hook me up with a driver for this as I've looked everywhere and they all seem to be live! or audigy, which won't work :(

Also are there any other settings I need to enable?

Many thanks in advance.

Use the drivers from Sound Blaster..

Test your speakers with a DVD movie.. NOT a game. Even the Audio HQ tests can be wrong.
Be sure windows is also set to 5.1..

So it uses the analog (all 3 plugs) huh?... OK, test it with a movie.

I would think a setup that uses the "Digital out" would be better, but I'm still using the crappy quadraphonic setup.. No sub (n) :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online