1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SoundBlaster Live! And XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SideReal, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

Mmk,perhaps someone here can shed some light on this..:)

Lately i installed win XP on my system after getting fed up with Windows crash and delete it's self editon (ME). Everything worked fine, before i realized in my rush of joy i had installed xp OVER me,so unistalled everything on the HD i reinstalled. And everything works fine. Besides my sound card.
    I've had two people that have passed the a+ cert. test take a look at it,and there both as puzzled as i have(i'am takeing the course at the moment.) So,i checked it all. digital output is unchecked,loudness is turned up,no mutes,all volume on max,everything set right. I plugged the speakers into something else and they work,power light is on,but i have no sound. So,i unistalled all the drivers and Apps and strapping myself to the case with a wrist strap,i swapped the soundblaster to a new PCI slot,let plug and play run,and reinstalled the drivers and apps(and yes i removed it form the device manager before hand). I still have no sound,and have tryed this twice. When i play a soundfile(i;ve tested mp3,wav,and midi) it plays and the software reacts as if it is,but no sound comes out. So,does anyone have any idea?:)
    The system is Winxp/512mb ram/geforce 2 titantium pro gts(64mb ram onboard),1ghz,soundblaster pro,60gig drive,it's got a NIC card for lan cable..(4mb on cable rocks..:) ).
    That's a rough outline :)

Thanks,SideReal.

P.s If this post does not comply with the correct posting,i apologize.

2. RSM123

RSM123

3. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

Yes,i have directx 9. One of the first things i checked for. Yes,you must reboot,did that to. :)

4. dai

dai

if you have the latest drivers for live
    start/creative/sblive/creative diognostics
    and run the diognostic program

5. dzones

dzones

ok just for the sake of asking...
    when you checked the sound did you just do so with the speakers plugged in the sound card? if yes then try plugging some headphones into your cd rom hp jack (assuming the audio cable is plugged up).
    let me know if ya can

6. Rumble

Rumble

XP should have the drivers for soundblaster. The support on the creative website is pretty poor. Have you tried www.driverguide.com and put in the serial number for a driver?
    I have recently suffered the same problems with an SB and '98 found no drivers on sounblaster.com but got the right drivers at driverguide.

7. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

Dai:

Yes,i have the latest drivers,and ran the digonastic program.

Dzones:

I will try,thanks.

Rumble:
    Yea,i don't think creative got the license for thier drivers as they don't have that seal. Creative refuses support on my card anyway(Its OEM).

8. dai

dai

did the diognostic program pick anything was wrong

9. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

No, i would of noted that in my post. :)

10. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

Dzones,i get no sound form the headphones ethier.

11. Murdoc2k

Murdoc2k

may be something happend to the sound card? try to replace a new one if possible and see if it works

12. SideReal

SideReal Thread Starter

I hope it doesnt come to that,i'am not made of cash,but it might =/

13. dzones

dzones

Have you loaded all the extra software that comes with the SB? like the creative control center and all of that?
    if you have then delete it all and the driver and reload JUST the actual sound driver.
    Make sure you get the driver from the crative labs website. I have used their latest one as recent as last week in my shop so I know they work with xp.
    If that does not work then aside from checking your multimedia settings and typical sound settings I am not sure what else you could try
    :(

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!