1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Soundcard: looking for new good quality one

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AvvY, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AvvY

AvvY Thread Starter

I currently have an Audigy 2 ZS, which is a fairly decent card for my needs, but I'm going to be doing high-res vinyl rips (24/96) soon - once I get the turntable setup - and this card isn't going to be worth it. Apparently it does funny things by re sampling and putting it through DSP functions.

Anyway, I'm now after a new card. I've only seen Creative ones readily available, so not sure what else there is. The kinds of specs I need are: digital in/out, 5.1(+) analog out, ability to play/record at minimum 24bit 96khz (if it can do higher than awesome). Doesn't need a front display panel or firewire input. Microphone input should be standard but not a concern.

I'm looking at spending as little as possible (as always) but want to get something decent. So maybe the equivilant of $250AUD. Don't worry about price to begin with, just suggest whatever suits my needs and I'll organise a suitable budget.

Thanx heaps guys!

2. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

3. AvvY

AvvY Thread Starter

Had a look at the X Fi cards, and they look pretty sweet. My only concern is that they do what I've been told what my Audigy does, and that is it doesn't properly play/record high resolution sound and plays around with it through it's "technology". I want to know that my recording/playback is exactly what it should be, high-res, not fake high-res or anything.

4. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

I'm am not sure about those details. they have an incredible support line. they will answer all your presale questions free of charge.

5. AvvY

AvvY Thread Starter

I've done some further reading and the Xfi cards do use propper 24bit processing instead of the dubious DSP stuff the Audigy cards did/do. I'll just have to see which suits best within budget etc.

I've had a look at other cards from other brands, but most are either for production or playback, and thus don't cover all my needs. So I guess Creative have me covered with some now decent cards. Thanx :)

6. mshabsovich

mshabsovich

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice