1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

soundmax driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by kuthedude, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuthedude

kuthedude Thread Starter

Hi guys! Ill make this as short as possible: I installed win vista x64. I got 3com gigabit lom installed using device manager. When I try to do this for my Soundmax AD 1980/AD1888, nothing but fail happens. First my device manager says under sound controllers "ATI T200 unified AVStream driver" installed on RADEON 9600 series, 'this device cannot start.' When I try to update the drivers using the x64 bit soundmax drivers i do update driver software>browse my computer for driver software>let me pick from a list....>have disk>browse> now when i select the soundmax 64 subfolder SMAXWDM/W2K_XP it autoselects smwdmAL3.inf. there are also smwdmCH5, SIS, VI3. no matter which one i select, it wont install: "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device,Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. the driver may be corrupted or missing (code 39). Now ive installed vista x64 before and had sound a long time ago, and i know i got the soundmax drivers to work. I might be over looking something small, but any help as to how to get my sound working would be great guys. Oh and I have UAC turned off if that makes a difference. THANKS GUYS!!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

3. kuthedude

kuthedude Thread Starter

tried that link, and the setup.exe said there was a file missing. When I used device manager to install manually, it gave me "this device cannot start" (code 10). Any suggestions? and i do have onboard audio turned on in bios.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice