1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Soyo Ultra platinum 1 Beep

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sro, Jan 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sro

sro Thread Starter

First off thanks all for your efforts in trying to solve my issues with my Soyo mobo and Via 4in1 drivers.

Forgetting to look at the trees with the forest in the way, I have neglected to mention that when my computer boots up I only get 1 beep. The manual says I should get 3 in the process of boot up.

(My other computer is a 266 dragon with 1,4 athlon and gives 3 beeps and works great)

What do all the beeps actually mean? It recognizes the CPU and Memory fine, (apparently) and goes through the rest of boot up usually fine, though performance is flakey. I'm about ready to take it back to the store and get another one and CPU if necessary. Any beep discriptions (what they signify) you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    SRO

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Which BIOS is the system running? (such as AMIBios, Award, etc.)

3. BTS '76

BTS '76

Usually one beep means the power of self test(post) passed. Never heard of three beeps. But here's a list click here

4. BTS '76

BTS '76

correction power ON self test

5. plschwartz

plschwartz

I have an Albatron board and it doesn't beep. It talks to me. Of course it is a womans' voice. It had been helpful early on, but now it often tells me that my harddrive wont work, which is wrong! (Actually I have them on a promise ultra card I use for 2 extra ide ports )

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113117

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice