sp1 download sites?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rosh325

Hi,
I am reinstalling windows on my mom's computer, and will need to reinstall SP1. I do not, however, want to install sp2. Can someone please link me to a download site for sp1. The last time I did this, and went to the windows update page, I was not given an option to update to sp1

Your choice not to take on SP2, of course but there are several critical updates to SP1 that you should download or your mom will cut you out of her Will. I hope you have a good, fast Broadband connection.

Post back with your reasons for not downloading SP2. You could save a lot of time by buying a magazine with the CD, which includes SP1 and all those other fixes and patches.

rosh325

Hi,
I choose not to download sp2 because of personal experiences with it. I feel it was a rushed update, and I already have the PC nice and secured (firewall, virus checker etc) and dont need XP telling me to do so. Also, I had some compatability problems. THanks for the link

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online