1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sp1 vista ultimate update error!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shanny_boy01, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shanny_boy01

shanny_boy01 Thread Starter

hi
    i updated my computer (vista ultimate) with the service pack 1 update. i left it to update and when it reboots it updates the files on the black screen. it got stuck on the file ( ! ! 0xc190036 )(Dxgi.dll). i left it on all night and still no luck, so i tried to go into safe mode but after loading a load of files it froze on chkdsk.sys. ive tried to run it in other ways but still no luck and if i try last known good configuration it comes back to the loading files for the update screen and again gets stuck
    please help , i contacted windows around 4 days ago :mad: and they still havent replied
    thanks !

2. shanny_boy01

shanny_boy01 Thread Starter

it is CRCdisk not chk* sorry

3. ryanjoachim

ryanjoachim

There are a LOT of different people having this same problem, but their issues were caused and solved by a variety of factors...

Your best bet would be to google "CRCdisk" and browse through the results, see if anything fits your situation enough to try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755796

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice