Sp1 vista ultimate update error!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shanny_boy01

hi
i updated my computer (vista ultimate) with the service pack 1 update. i left it to update and when it reboots it updates the files on the black screen. it got stuck on the file ( ! ! 0xc190036 )(Dxgi.dll). i left it on all night and still no luck, so i tried to go into safe mode but after loading a load of files it froze on chkdsk.sys. ive tried to run it in other ways but still no luck and if i try last known good configuration it comes back to the loading files for the update screen and again gets stuck
please help , i contacted windows around 4 days ago :mad: and they still havent replied
thanks !

There are a LOT of different people having this same problem, but their issues were caused and solved by a variety of factors...

Your best bet would be to google "CRCdisk" and browse through the results, see if anything fits your situation enough to try.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!