1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sp2 Creating Video Probs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LINKUP20GS, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS Thread Starter

How do fellas I recently installed sp2 and upon the required restart my dual monitor setup was rendered inoperable. now only one video card can and or will start at any given time and the only way is to enter the bios and make the card I want to use the primary card. I get the error message in hardware manger "error code 10 this device cannot start" I have tried all of the usual stuff and still no go I can follow along with most anything suggested so don't be shy. I uninstalled sp2 and my dual monitor setup worked fine. I reinstalled sp2and the same problem plagues me.

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer ECS
    System Model K7S5A
    System Type X86-based PC
    Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 1 AuthenticAMD ~1344 Mhz
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 07.00T, 4/2/2001
    SMBIOS Version 2.3
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
    User Name
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
    Available Physical Memory 240.43 MB
    Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
    Page File Space 1.22 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys

2. lemondrop

lemondrop

Well, it should be pretty obvious that you are running drivers which are inoperable with SP2. Try other drivers or just stay away from SP2. It's not that important as of yet.

Wait a bit for M$ to fix this problem if they are aware of it. You may want to contact them and tell them of your problem. Be sure to include video card driver versions being used.

3. LINKUP20GS

LINKUP20GS Thread Starter

Thats what i figured Microsoft is a pain in the *** I wish I had started using another OS a long time ago. All I ever get is grief from this them. Thanks

4. lemondrop

lemondrop

I'm still amazed that they will put out a product with so many known problems and call it a "fix". :mad:

You may want to check out the following knowledge base article. Scroll down to troubleshooting. You should be able to find some contact info down there. I briefly scanned parts which I haven't seen yet and didn't recognize your problem. Good luck!

Using programs and hardware with SP2

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276101

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice