SP2 help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Links2

Windows updates has installed something onto my computer(I am thinking SP2 because it attempted to install it earlier yesterday and I chose not to install it...and i won't)...anyways, somewhere along the way it has installed someting and now it is asking me if I want to reboot my system for the installation to be completed...I am telling it not to but it keeps popping up asking me to let it reboot or I can do it later...

Is it possible to find out what it is in installed and can I reverse what it was that it installed?I am running XP

thanks in advance,

Links

Yes, you can uninstall most windows updates (add/remove programs), and to see the update history, go to the 'Review your Update History' *ha*, tab in the Windows Update site.

If you don't want Windows Updates installed, why have the Windows Updater service on?

If you want to get IE7 later on in the year, rumour is you will have to have SP2 installed (plus SP2 includes security updates that you won't get with SP1) - and if you have to have IE on your PC why not the safest version, eh? Even if you don't browse with it, plenty of progs have aspects of IE built in, Winamp for example.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Do a system restore to a time before it installed whatever it was.

lister said:
Yes, you can uninstall most windows updates (add/remove programs), and to see the update history, go to the 'Review your Update History' *ha*, tab in the Windows Update site.

If you don't want Windows Updates installed, why have the Windows Updater service on?

If you want to get IE7 later on in the year, rumour is you will have to have SP2 installed (plus SP2 includes security updates that you won't get with SP1) - and if you have to have IE on your PC why not the safest version, eh? Even if you don't browse with it, plenty of progs have aspects of IE built in, Winamp for example.
Who wants IE. FireFox is better. Faster and Safer.
John

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online