SP3 fails to install is it AVG's fault??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ejaggers

I tried to install sp3 on my XP system and got, "Access Denied". MS knowledge base says to turn off any anti-virus s/w and try to re-install. I just fired Norton, and I am new to AVG (free), but I don't see any controls on AVG. How can I disable AVG so I can install sp3?

i just right clicked on avg and clicked on exit ,i also did that with my firewall to install sp3. hope you used the norton tool to remove it .

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online