space available on each partition?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

angel

Ok, call me lazy. Well, actually not lazy because I think I almost have it but...
Slackware
I know I have about 5 or 6 partitions but, of course, I never really pay any attention to them. How can I tell how big each partition is, what's on each partition, and exactly how much disk space is available on each? (I don't want the totals for everything - need it separated by partition.)
I know it was a simple command but for the life of me I can't remember or find it!
(can't tell I'm fairly new to linux, can you?! :) )
Thanks!

I think df is the command you are looking for. That wont tell you what's on the partition, but will tell you where they are mounted, and how much space is available.

df -h will put it into normal readable language, too (megs and gigs, not bytes)

-M

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online