1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Space bar not working properly

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jack.howson, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jack.howson

jack.howson Thread Starter

Yesterday the space bar on my computer (Win XP) went weird (physically) and now it is hard for me to type, as I have to try to press the space bar in the right place. This is definitely nothing to do with the actual computer, so that is out of the question. I have tried taking the key off and putting it back on, but I don't really know what to do. When I try to put it back on, either one end goes up, or it is so pressed down that you can't actually press it. Is there a specific way of putting the key back on, and what is it? Can anyone tell me how to put the key back on properly so it works? Thanks, Jack.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. I'd probably suggest buying a new keyboard ;)

3. smeegle

smeegle

Have you checked for any loose particles that may have lodged in the keyboard?

4. smeegle

smeegle

I must have been typing when you posted your answer, AcaCandy.

5. jack.howson

It's on my laptop though, so I could buy a keyboard to use separately, but that would defeat the point of having a laptop.

6. ~Candy~

:eek: You failed to mention that tidbit :D :D

Per chance is it under warranty?

7. jack.howson

Sorry, yeah, I would have bought another keyboard if it was as simple as that.
    It's still under guarantee, and I've emailed the company asking what I should do, so I should get a response from them soon. Thanks anyway.

8. ~Candy~

Keep us posted. :)

9. jack.howson

Will do.

10. mazb

mazb

Hi I'm new (found this topic by Googling).

I have a similar problem (having swapped keyboards with my son yesterday, as I wanted a cream-coloured one, as I couldn't always see the letters on the keys on the black keyboard when it got darker).

I have to click in the middle or to the left on the spacebar for it to work, which is a nuisance as I usually use my right thumb for spacebar.
    The right side of the spacebar seems loose - does nothing when pressed.

11. mazb

mazb

sorry to bump this up, but it's slipped back a lot, and I'm desperate, I'm fed up of having to edit words that all run together :(

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/583141