1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Space Cowboy

Discussion in 'Games' started by zacman2010, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zacman2010

zacman2010 Thread Starter

Hey....I'm new here. I have a problem with my windows XP OS.

Every time I play the game (Space Cowboy) for about 20 minutes, my XP gives me an error message saying that the virtual memory is too low. I know what that means but I can't figure out why it runs the VM down so quickly. I don't know what to do and it's driving me nuts. So....is there anything that I can do?

2. aect

aect

perhaps increasing your virtual memory may help,,
    Start button/right click my computer/properties/advanced/performance settings/advanced.

that will take you to where you can manage your vm size.

GL

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    It means that your physical memory (RAM) and virtual memory are used up.

Adding additional memory is the key here. Increasing virtual memory will help with the error, but it will not help long term. Virtual memory is actually hard drive space that is reserved for virtual memory. When it's used, your hard drive is being used pretty much 24/7 and will decrease the life span of the drive.

RAM will alleviate the problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644309

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice