1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spacebar Works Suite 6.0

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by herbh, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. herbh

herbh Thread Starter

Works Suite 6.0 Spreadsheet
    If I want to enter an address in a cell, I would enter 123 Main St.
    However when I enter 123 and press the spacebar, apparently nothing happens to indicate a space. If I then enter the word Main, the space will then show in that cell. Why does the space not appear at first.
    Thank you
    Herbh

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Because 123 is a numeric value and you are using a spreadsheet, designed to perform calculations.

As soon as you enter a non numeric value (M), the spreadsheet determines that you are not wanting a number al all, and reverts to text formatting for the cell?

3. herbh

herbh Thread Starter

I understand that explanation, but
    1. How do I get around it.
    2. It does not happen in Excel.

Thanks
    Herbh

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

You should not compare Excel and Works, Works is a very basic application suite.

I have not used Works spreadsheets for about 10 years, but you would need to try and format the cell as text beforehand, if that is possible.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!