1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spacing above footnotes

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Roberta2013, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roberta2013

Roberta2013 Thread Starter

Hello! How can I delete the empty space above my footnotes? It seems that my Word 2007 decides on its own to leave a paragraph-long space on top of my footnotes at the bottom of each page. I have tried so many ways to remove that space, but I just don't find a solution. My 2003 Word version allowed me to go to "View Footnotes" and fix the spacing, and a number of other things. 2007 Word does not allow me to view them or fix their spacing. Can any one tell me how to solve this problem?

2. Abe999

Abe999

Change the View to Draft mode. Select the Show Notes option on the References ribbon. Remove pilcrows that might be creating the extra space. I found some good info here:
    http://wordfaqs.mvps.org/NoteSeparators.htm

3. Roberta2013

Roberta2013 Thread Starter

Thank you for your quick reply. I've tried your suggestion and it has worked in some ways, but I am still unable to remove the extra space --one paragraph long-- between the separating line and the actual footnotes. For some reason this extra empty space is shortening the amount of text per page, and what was a 30 pages text is now more than 75 pages. I don't know how to delete the extra empty space between the separating line and the actual footnotes. Would someone please tell me how I can solve this issue? Thank you, R-2013.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice