spam in outlook express 6

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

radmit

hi guys,

can anyone give any advice on how to stop spam in OE 6?

thanks

RT

There are various free spam filters available for download if you do a Google search, or a search on this site.

http://forums.techguy.org/t176043

Your ISP might provide one, too.

You can also create message rules within OE, but can be problematic unless all your spam is coming from one place (unlikely).

Another solution is to change your email address, and never post it anywhere on the web.
Never, ever reply to spam in any fashion, even if it asks you to opt out or unsubscribe. Any response indicates a valid email address thus opening the door to a flood of spam.

Free email accounts are offered by MSN or Yahoo and others that are accessed online and don't download via OE. I use one email addy when purchasing online or registering on a site, for example, and another just for trusted sources. So I basically get spam only in one inbox which is checked online, the spam never comes to my computer directly via OE.

Always look at the privacy policy of any site that requires a valid email address. Tedious and boring, I know, but sometimes worth it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online