Spam in Outlook Express!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lori 1

I'm not quite sure how to explain this, but I have been getting a certain Spam in my outlook express for sometime now, I have tried to get rid of it but it just keeps coming back. This email spam, is the "same" email everytime, it's some kind of Google Search but a different name, each time, for instance, one will be from [email protected] and the next will be from [email protected],but all of them are from sbcglobal.net, but with a different name each time, but the same email.I have tried everything I know, to stop this nuisance. I can't block every email from sbcglobal,.... sbcglobal is my DSL server. I don't know who, or how to report this problem.Anyone have any ideas? I guess my last resort would be to call my server.

Is the first part of your email address easy to generate? My son had the same problem with his, someone was sending email to Tom, TomA, TomB, TomC, etc. at his ISP. If the spam doesn't go away, one painful solution would be to change your name by adding some numbers or odd letters.

Lori 1

Actually, the first part of my email address isn't really easy to generate, although, that question made me think,..... I get a lot of forwarded emails, in my Outlook express from a lady here in town, and when she sends them ,they show all the email addresses it has been sent to, including my email address.{thinking out loud} :p of where this spam may have come from. But thanks for your reply, I may have to change it like you suggested.Thanks again

Lori 1

I guess this thread can be closed, I have come to the conclusion,that I am going to have to use my server browser, and email to be able to report the spam I am getting, and just stop using OE completely. Thank for your reply Lena

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online