1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spam questions

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by LittleCreek, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LittleCreek

LittleCreek Thread Starter

Hi,

I've been checking out this site and have seen the info on spam and other XP issues. I believe my computer has been just about jammed with spam and other programs that i didn't purposefully download. I founda file folder called "srchasst" that will not let me delete it and it's not listed in the add/remove program page and i've also notice that on webpages, random words will be underlined in green and made into hyperlinks. my computer is also really slow and my pop up stopper has ceased to stop pop ups... can you help me with that??

also i know i might have to post my log, i'll need you to tell me how to do that! :) thanks

2. LittleCreek

LittleCreek Thread Starter

my browser bar now has an "enter search term" option that i did not put there and everytime i take it off the toobar it reappears... does that have something to do with all of it as well?

3. Dan O

Dan O

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224154

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice