1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Span footer

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by smartbusiness, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. smartbusiness

smartbusiness Thread Starter

Hi

I am trying to span a strip of colour across the bottom of my webpage incorporating the footer module that is already there as seen in many of the new templates. I managed to do this with the Header but I can't seem to be able to do it with the bottom-footer. I believe it would probably be in CSS but I don't know how to write this code or where it should go.

I would appreciate some help if possible

Many thanks
    Marion

2. DrP

DrP

Link?

3. smartbusiness

smartbusiness Thread Starter

Sorry, What do you mean 'Link?'

4. ehymel

ehymel

Can you provide a link to your site so we can see what it is that you are asking about?

5. DrP

DrP

Que?

6. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Man, these threads just keep getting weirder.

7. thumb10.40

thumb10.40

Marion,

Generally, if you want a footer, you can put any footer code you already have inside a div tag with a class attribute. For example:

HTML:
    <div class="footer"><p>Content goes Here</p></div>
    Then you style your div however you like using the .footer selector in your stylesheet. For instance, you might want to add some background color, and a border like so:

Code:
    .footer{
    background:#ddf;
    border:1px solid #888;
    }

No need to post code unless you have a specific example you'd like help with. By the way, if you would like to share your code it's better to post it right here (for posterity's sake) than to post an external link. Do both if you like however. Nothing worse than doing a search on the web and finding an old post that's talking about code that's long since missing or changed because it wasn't posted right inside the forum.

Let me know if none of that makes sense.

8. DrP

DrP

Depends how much there is! Personally I find it much easier to help when given a link.

Another way to add a footer would be to look at the HTML5 <footer> element.

9. rotarysteve

rotarysteve Banned

I agree DrP!!!! (y)

10. ehymel

ehymel

Not sure the original poster is even reading these, but for anyone else reading, I agree with the last 2 posts that without seeing some actual code, preferably through a link, it's very difficult to provide any meaningful help.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975391

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice