Spark Trust PC Cleaner Plus - Should I Click the Button?!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

EagleClaw92

I'm just trying to keep my old computer running pretty good until I get another one in the not too distant future. I ran across a De-Frag program that I was told was better than the one on my computer & it's free or u can get a premium version u pay for, I've used free. I had the better one on my system for a while, but it got deleted somewhere along the line quite some time ago.

When I went to download it again - it came up with this Spark Trust PC Cleaner plus that it looked like they wanted me to run on my computer b4 I used their defrag. I have a Norton/Symantec security & anti-virus program on my computer that I pay them a bit of dough for each year & I know they don't like folks using other stuff - but I've done it in the past

Anyway - I ran the program on my computer & it says I have 328 system issues related to the registry. It says I have 73 issues with Privacy Items & says protect your privacy by deleting sensitive & confidential info.

Then it says I have 2,974 Issues with Junk Files - says 1.61 GB detected - then says free up space by removing these

Then it says I have 1 Malware issue - I don't want to type more about that - only 1

Finally it says I have 4 software issues - and to optimize performance by stopping unwanted processes

TOTAL ISSUES 3,380 AND THEN IT HAS A GREEN FIX ALL BUTTON TO CLICK ON

SINCE MY COMPUTER SEEMS TO RUN OK FOR ITS AGE NOW - DO I WANT TO RISK DOING THIS - COULD IT MESS UP MY COMPUTER WHERE I COULDN'T USE IT ANYMORE? THEN I'D BE OUT OF LUCK UNTIL I GET THE NEXT ONE & THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE BECAUSE OF ALL THE THINGS I NOW DO WITH IT

I'M STILL A LONG WAY FROM BECOMING REAL COMPUTER SAVVY.....WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLAY IT SAFE. OR DO IT AND MAYBE BE EXCRUCIATINGLY SORRY!

FINALLY, THERE IS AN EDIT SIGN BY EACH ITEM, I WOULD HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO THAT. IT IS FIX ALL....OR JUST LEAVE IT BE. OOPS, I MEANT FOR ONLY ONE LINE TO BE IN CAPS.

I would uninstall Spark Trust PC Cleaner.

Programs like that are not a good thing to run and you can have more trouble.

Best Free Disk De-fragmenter
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-de-fragmenter.htm

I got old 2008 PC with XP Pro and was given a paid version of Diskeeper Professional.
I never worry because it works in the background to always keep drive defrag.
http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/compare/default.aspx?type=professional

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/professional/tech-specs/default.aspx
You can call about older versions.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Do the following in the order that I've listed them.

If you're not able to do it yourself, get someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

Click the "Cleaning" button, then click "OK".

Allow the cleaning process to finish.

When it's finished, click "OK" in each window that appears.

The computer will restart.

When the log appears during restart, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Author's site" button to download and save TFC.exe (Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer) to your desktop.

After it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.

Double-click it to load its main window.

Click the "Start" button.

If there are a large number of temp files and/or there are multiple user accounts, the temp file deletion process may appear to freeze or may take a few minutes, so be patient.

After the temp file deletion process is finished, restart the computer.

EagleClaw92

sorry this doesn't look right underneath. I wrote some of the reply & then saved that part somewhere & tried to bring it back and then it didn't look right. So then i just wrote my reply stuff in green instead of starting all over.

thank you all for your help - i appreciate it. The bottom line to my reply is that after reading your replies - i feel that i never should have brought this up in the first place and i did just delete it. I pretty much explained why in more detail below.

thanks again for each reply.

i would uninstall spark trust pc cleaner.
programs like that are not a good thing to run and you can have more trouble.

best free disk de-fragmenter
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-de-fragmenter.htm

i got old 2008 pc with xp pro and was given a paid version of diskeeper professional.
i never worry because it works in the background to always keep drive defrag.
http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/compare/default.aspx?type=professional

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/professional/tech-specs/default.aspx
you can call about older versions.

thanks for your reply hewee. The first thing i did afer reading your reply was to not click on the button that said it was gonna fix all the issues i mentioned. Then like u said 1st, i deleted the program from my computer.

i forget how i even ended up at spark trust pc cleaner. I was on my computer a ways back & noticed that the defrag icon (for the defrag program that someone computer savvy told me was better than the one that came with my computer) was gone. I think it was probably deleted the time i hooked my computer up to norton when i was having an issue i couldn't fix & they are always saying not to put any other kind of security program because it might interfere with their system.

but, defrag wouldn't be considered a security program, would it? Anyway - the desktop icon for it is gone & it isn't in the add or remove programs list. Actually, i have the defrag program that came with the computer i can use & probably should cause i'm not gonna have this computer a whole lot longer.

one thing i have noticed at the disc defrag page on my computer. For my main drive (c) for capacity it shows 66.51 gb. Then under free space it says 12.93 gb. And then under % free space it shows 19% (i guess having about 20% free space is o.k.).

the thing i've noticed with the defrag program that comes with the computer is that there isn't much white space left on the bar that goes all the way across before or after defrag, which i know stands for free space. Is the bar that is shown meant to represent the whole thing. If true, almost the whole thing now is red, blue, & green. The majority is blue which stands for contiguous files. It seems to me that it would slow my computer down a lot already, but it doesnt seem to.

also - besides the (c:)
there is one more thing underneath that which says hp_recovery which has a capacity of 8.00 gb which is almost all free space. I've never run the defrag on that.
i second what hewee wrote about spark trust.

here's an aticle from the tsg library which explains a bit more about why not to use that type of program.
http://library.techguy.org/wiki/registry_cleaners

i did read this & it just looks like more danger for the not so savvy computer user. Seems like there is enough already without another red flag.
do the following in the order that i've listed them.
if you're not able to do it yourself, get someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

go here, then click the large blue "download now @ bleeping computer" button to download and save adwcleaner.exe to your desktop.

close all open windows first, then double-click adwcleaner to load its main window.

click the "scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

click the "cleaning" button, then click "ok".

allow the cleaning process to finish.

when it's finished, click "ok" in each window that appears.

the computer will restart.

when the log appears during restart, save it.

return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire log here.

go here, then click the large blue "download now @ author's site" button to download and save tfc.exe (temp file cleaner by oldtimer) to your desktop.

after it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.

double-click it to load its main window.

click the "start" button.

if there are a large number of temp files and/or there are multiple user accounts, the temp file deletion process may appear to freeze or may take a few minutes, so be patient.

after the temp file deletion process is finished, restart the computer.

i'm guessing that this info you've given me does a lot more than getting rid of temp files. Or maybe it gets rid of temp files that don't go away when I delete my browsing history or maybe it does multiple positive tings. I already delete my browsing history whenever i'm done using my computer. Anyway - now that i've had time to think about this issue i brought up about maybe getting the defrag program that i had for a while that wasn't the default one that came with the computer was a foolish issue for me to bring up considering i don't plan on having this computer that much longer anyway.

from your replies it seems to be far more time consuming to do all this stuff. It wasn't broke, i shouldn't have tried to fix it. I mean, I don't think I should spend a lot of time (which I already have) on getting a program back when I already have the same time of program by default & I'm getting rid of this computer before long and it does what I need it to now. So I don't want to take the time & also the worry that I may make things worse because I'm on the low end of the pole in computer knowledge.

thanks for your reply hewee. The first thing i did afer reading your reply was to not click on the button that said it was gonna fix all the issues i mentioned. Then like u said 1st, i deleted the program from my computer.

i forget how i even ended up at spark trust pc cleaner. I was on my computer a ways back & noticed that the defrag icon (for the defrag program that someone computer savvy told me was better than the one that came with my computer) was gone. I think it was probably deleted the time i hooked my computer up to norton when i was having an issue i couldn't fix & they are always saying not to put any other kind of security program because it might interfere with their system.

but, defrag wouldn't be considered a security program, would it? Anyway - the desktop icon for it is gone & it isn't in the add or remove programs list. Actually, i have the defrag program that came with the computer i can use & probably should cause i'm not gonna have this computer a whole lot longer.

one thing i have noticed at the disc defrag page on my computer. For my main drive (c) for capacity it shows 66.51 gb. Then under free space it says 12.93 gb. And then under % free space it shows 19% (i guess having about 20% free space is o.k.).

the thing i've noticed with the defrag program that comes with the computer is that there isn't much white space left on the bar that goes all the way across before or after defrag, which i know stands for free space. Is the bar that is shown meant to represent the whole thing. If true, almost the whole thing now is red, blue, & green. The majority is blue which stands for contiguous files. It seems to me that it would slow my computer down a lot already, but it doesnt seem to.

also - besides the (c
there is one more thing underneath that which says hp_recovery which has a capacity of 8.00 gb which is almost all free space. I've never run the defrag on that.
Good the program is not on your computer now.

I do not know what colors are what for the Windows Defrag. but white on diskeeper professional is unused space.
But a 66 GB drive is small so you would need to defrag it more.
If it was me I get a 2nd drive that is a lot bigger because they are cheap and you could install things to the other drive. But you sound like your going to get a newer computer Also that 2nd drive you could later redo and put in the new computer to give you added space and backup space or what every.

The contiguous files is good because they are defrag.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online