1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Spark Trust PC Cleaner Plus - Should I Click the Button?!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by EagleClaw92, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EagleClaw92

EagleClaw92 Thread Starter

I'm just trying to keep my old computer running pretty good until I get another one in the not too distant future. I ran across a De-Frag program that I was told was better than the one on my computer & it's free or u can get a premium version u pay for, I've used free. I had the better one on my system for a while, but it got deleted somewhere along the line quite some time ago.

When I went to download it again - it came up with this Spark Trust PC Cleaner plus that it looked like they wanted me to run on my computer b4 I used their defrag. I have a Norton/Symantec security & anti-virus program on my computer that I pay them a bit of dough for each year & I know they don't like folks using other stuff - but I've done it in the past

Anyway - I ran the program on my computer & it says I have 328 system issues related to the registry. It says I have 73 issues with Privacy Items & says protect your privacy by deleting sensitive & confidential info.

Then it says I have 2,974 Issues with Junk Files - says 1.61 GB detected - then says free up space by removing these

Then it says I have 1 Malware issue - I don't want to type more about that - only 1

Finally it says I have 4 software issues - and to optimize performance by stopping unwanted processes

TOTAL ISSUES 3,380 AND THEN IT HAS A GREEN FIX ALL BUTTON TO CLICK ON

SINCE MY COMPUTER SEEMS TO RUN OK FOR ITS AGE NOW - DO I WANT TO RISK DOING THIS - COULD IT MESS UP MY COMPUTER WHERE I COULDN'T USE IT ANYMORE? THEN I'D BE OUT OF LUCK UNTIL I GET THE NEXT ONE & THAT WOULD BE A NIGHTMARE BECAUSE OF ALL THE THINGS I NOW DO WITH IT

I'M STILL A LONG WAY FROM BECOMING REAL COMPUTER SAVVY.....WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLAY IT SAFE. OR DO IT AND MAYBE BE EXCRUCIATINGLY SORRY!

FINALLY, THERE IS AN EDIT SIGN BY EACH ITEM, I WOULD HAVE NO CLUE HOW TO DO THAT. IT IS FIX ALL....OR JUST LEAVE IT BE. OOPS, I MEANT FOR ONLY ONE LINE TO BE IN CAPS.

2. hewee

hewee

I would uninstall Spark Trust PC Cleaner.

Programs like that are not a good thing to run and you can have more trouble.

Best Free Disk De-fragmenter
    http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-disk-de-fragmenter.htm

I got old 2008 PC with XP Pro and was given a paid version of Diskeeper Professional.
    I never worry because it works in the background to always keep drive defrag.
    http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/compare/default.aspx?type=professional

http://www.condusiv.com/business/diskeeper/professional/tech-specs/default.aspx
    You can call about older versions.

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Do the following in the order that I've listed them.

If you're not able to do it yourself, get someone computer-knowledgeable to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

Click the "Cleaning" button, then click "OK".

Allow the cleaning process to finish.

When it's finished, click "OK" in each window that appears.

The computer will restart.

When the log appears during restart, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Author's site" button to download and save TFC.exe (Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer) to your desktop.

After it's downloaded and saved, close all open windows.

Double-click it to load its main window.

Click the "Start" button.

If there are a large number of temp files and/or there are multiple user accounts, the temp file deletion process may appear to freeze or may take a few minutes, so be patient.

After the temp file deletion process is finished, restart the computer.

5. EagleClaw92

EagleClaw92 Thread Starter

sorry this doesn't look right underneath. I wrote some of the reply & then saved that part somewhere & tried to bring it back and then it didn't look right. So then i just wrote my reply stuff in green instead of starting all over.

thank you all for your help - i appreciate it. The bottom line to my reply is that after reading your replies - i feel that i never should have brought this up in the first place and i did just delete it. I pretty much explained why in more detail below.

thanks again for each reply.

6. hewee

hewee

Good the program is not on your computer now.

I do not know what colors are what for the Windows Defrag. but white on diskeeper professional is unused space.
    But a 66 GB drive is small so you would need to defrag it more.
    If it was me I get a 2nd drive that is a lot bigger because they are cheap and you could install things to the other drive. But you sound like your going to get a newer computer Also that 2nd drive you could later redo and put in the new computer to give you added space and backup space or what every.

The contiguous files is good because they are defrag.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice