Sparkle GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit DDR2 PCI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Allington

I have an old Dell Dimension E310, so I was wondering if anyone has tried this card?

Allington.

Your power supply is not strong enough for that card.

Dell specs indicate your power supply is 230 watts. The minimum recommended power supply for that card by the manufacturer is 350 watts with a minimum 12V current rating of 18A.

Snagglegaster

Banned
Power supply issues aside, I'm not impressed with Sparkle's video cards. Reliability isn't so good, in my experience. Sapphire, XFX, MSI, PNY, and several other brands are all better bets.

Allington

Your power supply is not strong enough for that card.

Dell specs indicate your power supply is 230 watts. The minimum recommended power supply for that card by the manufacturer is 350 watts with a minimum 12V current rating of 18A.
Alright, thanks. I already knew about the PSU issues though. I see a 650W PSU upgrade for $15, brand new.

Power supply issues aside, I'm not impressed with Sparkle's video cards. Reliability isn't so good, in my experience. Sapphire, XFX, MSI, PNY, and several other brands are all better bets.
Yeah, I've heard about this. Any other PCI or PCI-e x1 cards you can recommend?

Can't be worse than what Dell already put in here.
Wanna bet?

Although the Dell power supply is not strong enough for the card you want to use, Dell power supply's compared to other large OEM's power supply's are actually pretty good units.

I'll agree that all large OEM builders only use power supply's that are barely sufficient for the "as delivered" configuration, but there's no way I would put a $15 650 watt power supply in any machine.

Allington

Wanna bet?

Although the Dell power supply is not strong enough for the card you want to use, Dell power supply's compared to other large OEM's power supply's are actually pretty good units.

I'll agree that all large OEM builders only use power supply's that are barely sufficient for the "as delivered" configuration, but there's no way I would put a $15 650 watt power supply in any machine.
It's made by ATX specifically for the Dell Dimension 3100/E310 and the 5100/E510a models.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...fe0398c&itemid=150451916078&ff4=263602_263622

If you want further information.

ATX is not a manufacturer, it's a form factor.

I will guarantee you the power supply you linked to is absolute junk.

Check the archives here and at other tech sites and see how many threads you find where "el cheapo" power supplies failed, and when they failed took out the motherboard and other components.

jiml8

Power supplies just aren't sexy. I mean, after all, you boast about your Super-Whiz High Horsepower Mega-Processor With Bountiful Memory And Gigoundous Video Card. You don't boast about the power supply that is in it.

Of course, all that super gee-whiz stuff depends absolutely on the power supply and, if the power supply fails it CAN wipe out all that super gee-whiz stuff. But that's no reason to require a quality power supply in your system. No reason at all!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts