1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

speaker and headset operate at same time

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hornetsjet, Feb 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hornetsjet

hornetsjet Thread Starter

hi,
    i just wonder is there any possibility to hear music from speaker and headset at the same time? i got a headset now, but i also want to use the speaker to listen the alarm sound.
    Thank you for viewing this tread and also any advise will be appreciated.

2. KingCody

KingCody

nobody can answer that question until you tell us what this mysterious audio source is that you are refering to

:)

3. kaaos

kaaos

you can split the audio coming from the sound card with a Y splitter, but what you hear in the headphones, is what you are going to hear in the speakers as well. if you are trying to single out a specific sound to come out of the speakers only, this is not possible

4. hornetsjet

thanks,
    i just want to use them for same audio output, as the speaker has voice and so to headset. I found that my pc has 2 sound ports which was located behind the case and another one was located at the side of case/box. That's why i think it is possible to connect 2 different speakers to one pc. And regarding the Y-splitter, how much for that?

5. kaaos

kaaos

radio shack i would guess for around $5.00 and much less on ebay

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    kaaos,

There may not be any Radio Shacks in Malaysia (see hornetsjet's profile).

Any store that sells "Walkman" type products and accessories should be able sell the needed splitter. Just tell the salesperson you want to plug two headphones into one Walkman.

As for the two sets sound ports mentioned by hornetsjet; they may be wired internally such that putting a plug into one of the outputs disconnects the outputs to the second one. We have one PC with front and rear jacks. Plugging headphones into the front jack kills the speakers plugged into the rear jack.

7. hornetsjet

yeah, i understand now.
    Thanks buddies!
    Is there any setting that can enable the function as mentioned above?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/442754

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice