1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

speaker got confused of it's function

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by su_long, Apr 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. su_long

su_long Thread Starter

i owned a notebook Asus A555LD. The problem is that without any headset or headphone there is no sound produced by the speaker. But with headset or headphone there is sound produced. But the sound coming from speaker not from the headset or headphone. And for your information, i used Realtek high definition audio. It all started after the blackout. Hope to get an answer ASAP.

2. su_long

su_long Thread Starter

recently i'd posted about my notebook speaker problem. FYI, i already uninstalled realtek n now i'm using High Definition Audio Device. the speaker has already resume it's function normally. the problem is when i plugged in my headphone/headset, it's recognized as not plugged in. and when i unplugged my headphone/headset, it's recognized as plugged in. how can i fix this?? HELPPPP!!!!

3. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    what does that mean ?

4. su_long

su_long Thread Starter

the night before the problem occurs, there was one really scary thunderstorm outside...it felt like a bomb exploded near the house...even though i already turn off my notebook, the effect of thunderstorm damage my adapter...and it's basically my mistake because i didn't take the plug out of the socket...not just my adapter, my speaker too...as for my speaker, it not recognized my headphone when i plugged in and recognized my headphone when i unplugged it...

5. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    The laptop could be damaged as well if it was plugged in.

Having said that, device recognition is a function of the hardware (ports) AND the audio drivers. Have you tried reinstalling the audio drivers? The drivers should be available from the laptop manufacturers website.

6. su_long

su_long Thread Starter

if the issue still remains after reinstalling the audio driver, does that mean the problem is with the hardware(ports)??

7. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Then I'd suspect the audio chipset itself is faulty.

What is the audio chipset status in Device Manager?

8. su_long

su_long Thread Starter

how can i check the status...i know how to get to the device manager...sorry for my noobness...

9. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    Start / Control Panel / Device Manager

There should be an audio / multimedia section

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice