1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker/ Headset Problem . .

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mAtcHz, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mAtcHz

mAtcHz Thread Starter

Hey, I got this problem here. Normally when we plug in our headsets / earpiece to our laptop / desktop, the speakers would switch off and the music or sound would be played through the headset right.

However, my problem is when i plug in my headset, both the speakers and headset worked at the same time, which means i hear both the music playing thru the speakers and headset. How do i solve this issue? I wanna only listen to my headset when i plug them in to my computer but not the speaker.

2. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Welcome to TSG..

Has this worked before?

3. mAtcHz

mAtcHz Thread Starter

ya? normally it would work i think. is there any option or whatsoever such that when u plug in ur headset, ur speakers would shut off and sound would be play thru ur headset instead?

4. Taco John

Taco John

i've always just unplugged the speakers and plugged the headset in....never had more than 1 mic jack, so i never had the option to do that...

If it isn't too much of a problem, just unplug the speakers and plug the headset in...

5. CrazyComputerMan

CrazyComputerMan

First Name:
    Robert
    Yes... But what about Laptop???

Laptop have their speaker on.... how to stop the speaker coming from the laptop and let headset set.... i wondering...

6. ViprXX

ViprXX

I know what he's saying. Usually when you plug headphones in, the sound automatically transfers from comming out of the speakers and goes to the headphones. You said it happens when you plug into your laptop/desktop. Are you saying that it does it on both pc's? Also, some things you can try is make sure your plugging the headphone wire into the correct input, if its a laptop then there are usually two audio inputs (one for microphone and one for headphones) which I'm sure you probably know but its always good to double check. Because I know on my laptop I can plug my headphones in the headphone jack and sound automatically transfers from the speakers to my headphones and is the same way on my desktop. Also you could try updating your sound card drivers or if your sound card comes with a setup speaker config utility, try running through that again.

good luck

7. yanastas

yanastas

Did anyone found the solution to the specific problem?
    I am experiencing the same problem with an HP OmniBook XE3 [email protected]

8. Cluele$$

Cluele$$

Hi guys i know my problem is a little different but i'm wanting to know if it possible to play the sound of your microphone through the laptop speakers? I've got a HP nx6110 with windows Xp home edition

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/592369

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice