1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Magnets messing w/ computer monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cobralibre, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cobralibre

cobralibre Thread Starter

I recently bought some monitors (speakers) for my small, in-house studio and due to neccesity, they are only about a foot away from my monitor. Unfortunatly that doesnt seem far enough as they are distorting my computer monitor. It will be quite difficult to re-arrange the room an I'm hoping you all know of a good way to insulate or reflect the magnetic field? Ive seen some options online for ALOT of money ($750 to $1300 for monitor inclosures). Wondering if there is an easy and/or cheap fix

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Sounds like like really poor speakers that aren't properly shielded. Solution - get decent shielded speakers.

3. cobralibre

cobralibre Thread Starter

They're just old. They were premium studio reference monitors (JBL 4411) in 1975 and they do sound good and very flat but yea, they are unshielded apperantly....

4. Rockn

Rockn

Get an LCD monitor!!

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There are materials to shield magnetic fields, but as you have already discovered, it's usually a bit expensive. FWIW, something as simple as a steel shield around the magnets will have a significant effect, you're just looking for something to keep the magnetic flux busy. :D We had an issue like this on an airplane sensor, and the final fix was enclosing it in a steel shield, worked just fine. :cool:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice