1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Making Crackling Sounds... Bad News?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MusicNerd87, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MusicNerd87

MusicNerd87 Thread Starter

Recently on my laptop one of my built-in speakers has been freaking out on me a bit. Whenever I touch the laptop, or put some sort of pressure on the frame of it, my right speaker makes this weird buzzing/crackling sound. I mean, this could even happen when I'm resting my hand on it to type, click the mouse button, or even from touching the keyboard, like right now. Yesterday, it actually started making this high-pitched distorted shriek sound. It seriously felt like my computer was screaming at me.

Any ideas what could be causing these weird noises? Is something inside the laptop damaged bad? I've never heard of this before...

2. Flags

Flags

Yes, there is something wrong with the speaker. Loose wire-broken connection-could be just about anything.
    Only way to find out is to take it apart and check. And that ain't easy. Since you call yourself MusicNerd, I suppose sound is important to you.
    I suggest taking it to a shop and have them look at it, unless, of course, you have the skills to fix it yourself.

3. MusicNerd87

MusicNerd87 Thread Starter

Alright, well I don't, so I'll work on that. However, when I wear headphones I get the same crazy distorted buzzing sound in that same ear. Does that still mean it's a speaker problem?

4. Flags

Flags

Well, now it sounds like a problem upstream of the speaker and the headphone jack.
    I would have no idea how to fix it, unless it was just a loose or broken connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice