1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker only words on full Volume

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jack68632, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jack68632

jack68632 Thread Starter

I have had some Tsunami SP-1100 speaks for a while, i normally run them on full volume on the speaker control box, and use my computer to adjust the sound as i need. Recently i hooked them to my CD player and tryed to use the speakers, but only 1 speaker was playing(the right). I had only just unplugged them from my PC and they were working fine, after a while or playing with it i noticed that the left speaker would only work when the control box volume was at 95-100%(MAX), anything lower and only the right speaker would work.

I have tried them with multiple PC's and sound devices and the speakers act the same way with everything.

What kind of problem can cause this? i havent banged them around or recently moved them at all when it happened.

Thank you for your help.

PS. sorry about the typo in the title.

2. DaveDoesIT

DaveDoesIT

Hi,

Most likely a bad solder joint between the amplifier and the actual speaker inside the box.

Another issue might be if there is a cross-over network inside the speaker box, one of the band pass filters may have died. Is there more than one speaker in the box?

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/760353

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice