1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Whitestar, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

Whenever my speakers are turned on, every so often the make a thud kind of noise. This also happens when something in the active window changes Eg submitting this post will cause the speakers to 'thud'.

Ive tried re-installing the driver, reseating the card, moving it to a different slot and clean every connection on the speakers, but still it happens.

Can anyone help?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Are you using the latest drivers from creative's website?

3. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Make sure the microphone is muted and away from the monitor, clear audio cables away from the other cables.. My bet is a microphone to close to the monitor.

4. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

The mic is on top of the monitor but its turned of.
    As for drivers, i'll check

5. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

Checked for new drivers, there was one for creative media source. I installed it, but it hasnt solved the problem.

6. myvicisslow

myvicisslow

if you have an extra pair of speakers laying around try those. do they also make the same noise?

7. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

I cant plug any other speakers in my sound card, but it does happen through headphones.

8. moebius

moebius

ur speaker/sound card maybe getting interference from other parts of ur system.
    i get a whirring noise in my speakers/headphones when my cdrom spins up. any solutions?

9. Whitestar

Whitestar Thread Starter

I had that when i was using onboard sound. When i got a sound card that stoped.

10. moebius

moebius

im using a soundcard also...

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice