Speaker Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whitestar

Whenever my speakers are turned on, every so often the make a thud kind of noise. This also happens when something in the active window changes Eg submitting this post will cause the speakers to 'thud'.

Ive tried re-installing the driver, reseating the card, moving it to a different slot and clean every connection on the speakers, but still it happens.

Can anyone help?

Triple6

First Name
Rob
Are you using the latest drivers from creative's website?

Make sure the microphone is muted and away from the monitor, clear audio cables away from the other cables.. My bet is a microphone to close to the monitor.

Whitestar

The mic is on top of the monitor but its turned of.
As for drivers, i'll check

Whitestar

Checked for new drivers, there was one for creative media source. I installed it, but it hasnt solved the problem.

if you have an extra pair of speakers laying around try those. do they also make the same noise?

Whitestar

I cant plug any other speakers in my sound card, but it does happen through headphones.

ur speaker/sound card maybe getting interference from other parts of ur system.
i get a whirring noise in my speakers/headphones when my cdrom spins up. any solutions?

Whitestar

I had that when i was using onboard sound. When i got a sound card that stoped.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online