1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kravlin, Aug 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kravlin

kravlin Thread Starter

I bought a pair of Altec Lansing speakers about half a year ago and have enjoyed using them. However recently whenever the speakers are turned on they give me this horrible static for a moment or two. I know it is not the speakers themselves because i have put my headphones in a jack on the speakers and the headphones do the same thing. I was wondering if there is a way to fix this problem and what is causing it? Maybe the cords?

2. seekermeister

seekermeister

I would recommend opening the case, and lightly jiggling the cables going to your sound card, while the system is running, to see if you can locate a bad connection. Of course, you should also check the cable connections going to the speakers.

3. kravlin

kravlin Thread Starter

My soundcard is built into my motherboard. So no cables to jiggle. :(

And how would i check the cables going to the speakers? They work perfectly except for the first five seconds i turn them on...

Thx!

Edit: Did remove a lot of the problem adjusting the subwoofer. :/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/490815

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice