1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by akidomowri, Sep 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. akidomowri

akidomowri Thread Starter

I have a set of 5.1 surround speakers and my computer only uses the center speaker and subwoofer for sound, all the other speakers are silent. I have set the 'Sounds and Audio Devices' to 5.1 Surround speaker system but it still isnt working properly.... anyone got any ideas?

2. barfly

barfly

What motherboard/soundcard are you using? Is it 5.1 compliant?

3. akidomowri

Its a Gigabyte P4 titan (875P) Canterwood... I have no idea if it's 5.1 compliant... I dont have a sound card either..

4. akidomowri

Actually, it is 5.1 compliant because the Jack-sensing MoBo software has a surround sound option and 6-channel sound... I used the MoBo software and set it to surround sound but still only the center and subwoofer have noise

5. barfly

barfly

Check in the manual to see if you need to change a jumper or a bios setting to change to 5.1

6. akidomowri

I think I found what might be a slight problem.. my motherboard needs to Connect the front channels to "Line Out", the rearchannels to "Line In", and the Center/Subwoofer channelsto "MIC In". The problem is that my speakers all connect to the Subwoofer then the subwoofer has a single lead which goes into the computer in Line Out

This means I only use the Line out and not the other two

7. barfly

barfly

what speaker system is it?

8. akidomowri

Its a Cyber Acoustics model, I'm not sure which mdoel it is exactly, I'll see if i Can look it up

9. akidomowri

Ah, there we are:

CA-5150E Overview:
    100 watt, 5.1 digital ready speaker system. Packed with power and features this system is compatible with any 2 channel, 4 channel and 5.1 sound cards.
    Fader control allows you to adjust front and rear volume to your preference. Bass volume control and video game adapter help make this the ultimate system from Cyber Acoustics.
    Features and specifications:
    5.1, 4.1 or 2 channel inputs
    Convenient desktop controls
    Custom mounting brackets for center and rear satellite speakers
    Power output 100 watts
    Subwoofer: Wood enclosed, dual ported
    Front Satellites: 2.5" high efficient radiators
    Center / Rear satellites 2" high efficiency radiators
    15 Volt AC/DC power adapter UL/CSA listed
    Gold plated 3.5mm plugs

10. akidomowri

I've got 4 of 6 speakers working, turns out my dimwitted brother lost two of the cables for the Line In and MIC jacks.. grr, sorry to waste your time Barfly >.<

11. barfly

barfly

No problem, glad your sorted out mate.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice