Speaker Problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Harvard2015

My speakers are attached to my computer..but they won't work. I have XP. I recently had to do a system restore because of a nasty virus...I might not have backed up the speaker files...is there a way to install them again? (I dont know if I have the disc =/)

:confused:

There sure is, and you cannot find drivers for your speakers, as they aren't really what's not operating as it should, speakers require no drivers, however! -- Sound cards do! So quite possibly, you need chipset drivers, or more specifically, sound card drivers. If you know the name of your motherboard, or, if you have an add-on sound card, you could look it up and I'm sure you'd find drivers for it.

http://www.driverguide.com/

is quite a nice place to find old or rare drivers which aren't that common. In other cases, check your motherboard / sound card manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps, if you have troubles you know where to find me!
'War

Check the device manager if the sound card driver is installed...If you see a yellow exclamation sign on your sound, video and game controllers then your sound card driver is missing. If the warning sign is not present the driver could be corrupted. To install it uninstall the current sound card drive then reboot, windows will automatically detect your sound card and install it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online