1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker/Radio frequency

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bubbakey19, Feb 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbakey19

bubbakey19 Thread Starter

I have these amplified desktop speakers which pick up radio frequencies, i
    bought a ferrite clamp from radio shck and it did not help much, does anyone
    have any suggestions to what i can do...i know this may be th wrong spot to post this, sory.

2. LHE

LHE

The RFI can be enter through 3 routes:

1. The speaker leads between speaker units

2. The power supply leads

3. direct radiation.

You will need to try a ferrite device on both speakers if there is amplifiers in each unit. Also on the AC line to the the speaker that has the power supply.

If you have wall transformer/power supply, these are particularly susceptible to RFI on the DC lead that goes to the speakers.

99% of the time you should be able to cure the problem with outboard ferrites. Typically you need 6-10 turns on each ferrite.

Note it MUST be a ferrite core not a toroid.

Good Luck.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

And the #1 reason for the problem is poor grounding. Check the grounding of your power to the machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116676

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice