Speaker trouble

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cressa

Im having trouble with my speakers they dont seem to be emiting any sound at all yet when i run age of empires 2 and get to the main menu the tune plays but this is the only thing they seem to work on ........on norton utilites only the higher frequency tests seem to work have i blown the lower frequencys or can this be fixed ????? HELP :confused:

Cressa
Before you start scrapping the speakers run all the diagnostics tests you can of your direct X controls.
Go to start\Run type in Dxdiag and run the sound and music tests available and let us know the results.
Dave

Cressa

Ive just tried running the diagnostics and had no results at all no sound has come out of the speakers .....yet it still plays music on a of e 2

Cressa
I must be slow tonight explain-yet it still plays music on a of e 2
Dave

Cressa

Sorry ...erm i have no sound from doing the directx tests yet still when i run age of empires and get to the main menu of the game i can hear sound ...i have similar thing whith norton utilities test i hear sound on the higher frequencies and when i press the cursor over the picture of the speakers to test

Cressa
Sorry about the confusion but I am not a gamer so A of E does not compute.
If you go to device manager do you have any yellow ! or red x's?
Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers for you audio?
Dave

Cressa

I have had a look on my device manager and could find no crosses etc and i ahev followed the instruction in windows help ..by unslecting it adn then adding new hardware and inserting my wind 95 installation disk but have had no joy from it

Cressa
Well obviously if you have the lower frequencies during the game startup your speakers are not at fault. Give me more information about you sound card and your system so I can do some digging to see what may be causing this.
Question, was your sound fine before you installed this gameand not after or did this just occur and the game ran fine before?
Dave

Cressa

No everything was running fine yesterday it was just when i turned my computer on this evening that the problem has occured ...the game music works but i cant even set off the sounds in the control panel sounds folder !

I have a soundblaster pci128 soundcard with a windows 9x driver
the computer im am running it on is an advent 3036 P III 667 DVD

hope this helps !

Cressa

I have just run age of empire and everything works all the voice taunts sound everything so there must be a something with my system or else i wouldent hear anything

Cressa

ok thanks for your help i recently installed some sdram into my computer could this have any affect ?

Possibly if the stick is having problems. Try removing the new stick and see if problem stops. There have been many problems with memory sticks lately as prices fall so does MFG quality.
Another consideration is the stick the right one for your Mobo or is the Mobo capable of properly handling what you've added.
Keep us posted on your investigation.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online