1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker trouble

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cressa, Nov 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

Im having trouble with my speakers they dont seem to be emiting any sound at all yet when i run age of empires 2 and get to the main menu the tune plays but this is the only thing they seem to work on ........on norton utilites only the higher frequency tests seem to work have i blown the lower frequencys or can this be fixed ????? HELP :confused:

2. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cressa
    Before you start scrapping the speakers run all the diagnostics tests you can of your direct X controls.
    Go to start\Run type in Dxdiag and run the sound and music tests available and let us know the results.
    Dave

3. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

Ive just tried running the diagnostics and had no results at all no sound has come out of the speakers .....yet it still plays music on a of e 2

4. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cressa
    I must be slow tonight explain-yet it still plays music on a of e 2
    Dave

5. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

Sorry ...erm i have no sound from doing the directx tests yet still when i run age of empires and get to the main menu of the game i can hear sound ...i have similar thing whith norton utilities test i hear sound on the higher frequencies and when i press the cursor over the picture of the speakers to test

6. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cressa
    Sorry about the confusion but I am not a gamer so A of E does not compute.
    If you go to device manager do you have any yellow ! or red x's?
    Have you attempted to reinstall the drivers for you audio?
    Dave

7. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

I have had a look on my device manager and could find no crosses etc and i ahev followed the instruction in windows help ..by unslecting it adn then adding new hardware and inserting my wind 95 installation disk but have had no joy from it

8. Davey7549

Davey7549

Cressa
    Well obviously if you have the lower frequencies during the game startup your speakers are not at fault. Give me more information about you sound card and your system so I can do some digging to see what may be causing this.
    Question, was your sound fine before you installed this gameand not after or did this just occur and the game ran fine before?
    Dave

9. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

No everything was running fine yesterday it was just when i turned my computer on this evening that the problem has occured ...the game music works but i cant even set off the sounds in the control panel sounds folder !

I have a soundblaster pci128 soundcard with a windows 9x driver
    the computer im am running it on is an advent 3036 P III 667 DVD

hope this helps !

10. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

I have just run age of empire and everything works all the voice taunts sound everything so there must be a something with my system or else i wouldent hear anything

11. Davey7549

Davey7549

12. Cressa

Cressa Thread Starter

ok thanks for your help i recently installed some sdram into my computer could this have any affect ?

13. Davey7549

Davey7549

Possibly if the stick is having problems. Try removing the new stick and see if problem stops. There have been many problems with memory sticks lately as prices fall so does MFG quality.
    Another consideration is the stick the right one for your Mobo or is the Mobo capable of properly handling what you've added.
    Keep us posted on your investigation.
    Dave

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice