1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Volume is really low

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CluFunkBunk, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CluFunkBunk

CluFunkBunk Thread Starter

I have a computer running some crappy speakers, and for some reason I can barely hear anything from them. I read other posts that talked about not having amplified speakers, and that I should just get amplified ones and be done with it. The only thing that gives me pause is that when I shut down for the night, and you get the windows "shut down" sound, it is really loud. So I tried them on another new computer of mine, and they worked fine. I have obviously checked all the volume settings and they are all on and turned up all the way. Any ideas why this might be happening.

Thanks in advance.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi CluFunkBunk, and welcome to TSG.

If you go into the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel and then select the Sounds tab can you play some of the other system sounds at a fairly loud level?

If so, exactly when do you get lower volume levels? Does this happen with certain programs?

Can you give us the details of what you have checked so far? We have no way of know what you mean by, "all".

Some details about the sound controller hardware being used as well as what operating system you are running may help us to help you. Do you have a separate sound card or is sound built-into the motherboard?

3. CluFunkBunk

CluFunkBunk Thread Starter

So here is what I know. The volume is really low, whether it is coming out the rear line out, or the headphone line out. It is part of the IntelĀ® Desktop Board D975XBX2, IntelĀ® High Definition Audio (Sigmatel STAC9227) driver. I have downloaded the most up-to-date driver for the Audio. It said the maintenance was complete, but nothing changed. All volume levels are up on the mixer, and nothing is muted (i can still hear sound, it is just really low). Like I said before, when I receive a chat, the BING! is real loud. When I startup, the startup sound is real loud, but nothing else is. When I go into the sounds and click on the different types of system sounds, the volume is very low.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice