1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

speaker volume problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by buddysbestfriend, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buddysbestfriend

buddysbestfriend Thread Starter

only getting low sound on full volume . checked volume level indicators and they say all is o,k.:):)

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is this something new? Is the volume turned up on your amplifier? Is it plugged in?

3. buddysbestfriend

new logitech speakers ,volume on amp is full blast .my old speakers had the same problem. i bourght new ones ,thinking the old ones had gone faulty.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

How and when did this start? Do you hear anything at all? Have you tried earphones?

Any problems in Device Manager? Have you made any changes to your drivers?

5. buddysbestfriend

started all of a sudden 2 weeks ago. with volume turned up to full ihear low sound in both speakers . right one a bit distorted . ihear nothing through ear phones. iam not aware of any problem with device manager. i haven,t made any changes to drivers to the best of my very limited knowledge.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

Check the device in Device Manager and right-click your sound device. Choose to update and when the window pops up to ask if it can search on the internet, allow it.

Have you cranked the sound to max very often, or done anything that could possibly have damaged the sound physically? Is it possible that any wires were shorted, even briefly?

Have you tried double-clicking the volume icon to check Mixer settings, or checked the advanced properties of the sound devices?

7. buddysbestfriend

scanned for updatesfor all sound settings .the message was couldn,t find anything better than what is installed.mixer settings o,k advanced properties o,k. haven.t cranked sound to max. i,m not aware of any wires being shorted . the sound coming through from the left speaker is low but crystal clear .the sound coming through from the right speaker is not as clear.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992623

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice