1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speaker Volume Suddenly Low

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cycler, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

In the last week or so I've noticed that on many sites, even when I've got the volume at it's highest and my speakers turned all the way on I'm barely able to hear what's being said. The speakers seem to be working properly - I hear through both of them but not as loud as it was before - I always had to keep the settings at their lowest.
    Any idea why this has happened and is there somewhere to re-set the volume?

2. Nightfirecat

Nightfirecat

Maybe the speakers are dying... Have you tweaked any sound settings/drivers/sound cards, etc?

3. NoPowerSupply

NoPowerSupply

Next to your clock on your task bar there should be some icons, one of which is a speaker. Double click on that and volume control will come up.

4. cycler

cycler Thread Starter

I didn't change anything - I avoid opening the computer if possible so it's not internal and I don't think that I changed any levels anywhere.
    I don't see an icon for the speakers on my task bar.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/626881

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice