1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers and Heaphones at the same time

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by BerretSO4, Dec 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BerretSO4

BerretSO4 Thread Starter

Season's greetings!!

This may have been asked before in the forum (my search didn't show anything), but, for the sake of a more multi-speakered environment, I'd like to be able to hear audio through my laptop speakers as well as through my external amplified speakers at the same time.

It seems silly, I'm sure, but my laptop has a better high end than my old amp'd speakers which have a much deeper take on the audio spectrum, so combining the two balances things out a bit.

I am running a Lenovo X200 Tablet (+ Ultrabase) full spec'd with a Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221 card. Vista. Let me know if you need more hardware spec.

To be perfectly clear I'll restate what I want from this:
    1. To play audio through the internal speakers.
    2. To play the SAME AUDIO through the headphone jack at the SAME TIME.
    3. NOT to play a separate stream (I do have multistream functionality).
    4. NOT to play audio through two separate external devices (which would require a splitter).
    5. To avoid the purchase of additional hardware, unless it is some sort of cable.

Just getting some initial confusion out of the way. I've read up as much as possible before posting.

Help! :) Feel free to be technical; I'm way into the killer advent of computing.

-BerretSO4

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

:rolleyes:What little research I have done and from my own experience - I don't believe it is possible - even with splitters- but there are quite a few smarter people than me here- so I could be wrong - it is a very interesting question though.
    I do use a KVM splitter to shoot movies to my huge flat screen from my PC- and it works great- here's the site- maybe they have something for this problem?

http://www.tripplite.com/EN/products/index.cfm?txtEntryID=3&gclid=CLafjOK55Z4CFSkHswodCg91JQ

3. BerretSO4

BerretSO4 Thread Starter

Some people do say that and I understand why - does anyone know of a way? Please read the initial post to avoid confusion, not just Freemorrison's response! Thanks for your input btw.

Hopefully my solution will be based in software or driver configuration. For example, does anyone know of a media player that will play its stream to two different audio devices at once? I ask this because the multistreaming capability on my Lenovo uses two audio devices (duh) for its outputs "Conexant High Definition Output" and "Conexant High Definition Headphones." If a program could send audio to both at once, then that would solve the problem, at least for my application. This assumes the media player has DVD capability.

4. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Hmm, I don't know of any media player that will do that, have you tried Jet Audio?
    Or are you looking for some type of standalone app.( via dj mix)?
    And what is so nice that you have to hear it twice?

5. BerretSO4

BerretSO4 Thread Starter

Haha, Indeed I am just looking to use all five speakers and include my laptop speakers for the sake of their high end quality. My larger system is a small subwoofer and 3" cubes. Very old. They do a decent job but they don't have high end for crap, so my laptop would be a good compliment until I get a real home theater system.

Everyone suggests Jet :p I just use VLC, myself, but I suppose I should give Jet a try...

Does anyone else know of a player that will play the same stream to two different outputs?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!