1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers and SubWoofers...need to be connected.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Codemaster, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Codemaster

Codemaster Thread Starter

Hello, I don't know if I should put this here...but it is hardware, so worst comes to worste it'll get moved. Anyways:

I have 7 speakers and 2 subwoofers (a 2.1 and 5.1). I got the 2.1 for christmas, and bought the 5.1 for my PC (that I'm currently building). I'd like to be able to put these speakers together to effectively created a 7.2 system. I think it would be really awesome if I could get all the speakers together, and have the two subwoofers going at once. Is there a piece of equipment that could do this? Wether it's a weird sound card or something outside the computer, it don't care. i'd also like to be able to hook them up to stereos...but PC only is fine. Thanks.

2. Wet Chicken

Wet Chicken

You could always do this by buying two external surround amps, but be forwarned, it probably won't sound very good (sonically). It will just be loud. You will like it for a few weeks and then it will start to give you headaches (literally) :D The reason for this is that you will have a lot of crosstalk and create a lot of standing waves as the drivers will be trying to cancel each other out (depending on which phase they are in). You would be much better off getting something like a pair of Zalman 5.1 headphones. If you have four parametric equalizers then you should be able to over come some of the phase cancellation, but for what that system would cost you ($3000 - $4000) you'd be crazy not putting that same money into a professional pair or speakers that would avoid these problems ;)

3. Codemaster

yeah, but my intentions are to put the 7 speakers on my roof and hot a community wide party :D

Anyways, woudl there be any other way to do this, perhaps splitting wires or something, or a hub of some sort?

4. Rockn

Rockn

You cannot make a 7.1 system by adding a 2.1 to a 5.1, this isn't math. Number one, you need a sound card that has the ability to drive a 7.1 system and number two, you need something to control all of the sattelite speakers. Won't work.

5. Codemaster

The Sound Card is no problem. I could also always buy another subwoofer just for a 7.1, i just wanna know if I could get 2 subwoofers working together. Jeez, bit harsh don't yah think?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice