speakers auto turn off after 5 minutes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aramilmoonmist

I have a sonic impact t24 speaker. I currently run 64 bit vista on the computer connected to the speakers. The computers sound goes through its aux input.

One of the speakers 'features' is that the speakers automatically turn off after five minutes of no use. The only way to power it back on is manually via the remote. I'm wondering if anyone knows of some background program that spits out a small (inaudiable of close to it) sound or something that could keep my speakers awake. (or of course if anyone has a more creative approach, I'm in) I've tried quite a few google searches to no avail. As much as I avoid wasting power, sometimes its just nice to hear aim inform you that someones messaged you in the other room or other things to that effect. Thank you for the help in advance.

aramilmoonmist

nope, the only options are two volume buttons on the unit, and the 10 button on the remote. none of which do anything of the sort

Don't think there is a program that will spit out sound. You could play some elevator music but that will drive you crazy after a while. :) Do you still have the manual for the speakers? Maybe they can tell you a way.

aramilmoonmist

I've checked, and swear there isn't a way to change the settings. I mean theyre nice speakers, but they offer about nothing in the way of customization, I was looking for something a little less than elevator music, like a small static or something every few minutes, something at maybe the minimum possible volume while still being able to keep my overall sound at a reasonable level

DoubleHelix

Banned
They're not supposed to go into stand by if something is connected to the AUX jack. If you're using that connection, and the speakers are still going into stand by, I'd say something's wrong with them.

I also wouldn't use speakers with such an annoying feature when there are so many other great choices available.

aramilmoonmist

Yeah I know, I hate 'features' like that. If it is broken, theres really nothing i can do about it. Unfortunately, they're the only speakers I have, and even cheap speakers would strain my budget at the moment, excepting really crappy $5 speakers.

I didn't expect anyone to have a solution other than get new speakers. Oh well, thanks anyways everybody. I'll just have to wait till I can afford better ones : \

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online