1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Speakers crackling

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lincoln-Imp, Sep 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lincoln-Imp

Lincoln-Imp Thread Starter

I recently inastalled xp pro and now when i just listened to some music and i realised my speakers are crackling, is there any way i can fix this? they werent like this when i had ME. I have Creative AudioPCI (ES1371,ES1373)

2. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

3. Lincoln-Imp

unfortunately they havnt worked:( do you know anything else that i could try

4. GwizJoe

GwizJoe

Do they "crackle" all the time? During replay of all sound formats?

I would be inclined to diconnect the speakers and pull the sound card out,remove any trace of them in the system(Device Manager),and re-install the whole thing.
    One poor connection can cause poor sound...

5. Lincoln-Imp

When i try windows start up sounds they play fine

6. Hexon.Arq

Hexon.Arq

Related problem (I didn't want to start a new thread, as there seem to be a lot of them on this topic:

Okay, I have a (don't laugh :mad: ) Dell Inspiron 5000 that, until a couple of days ago, was doing wonderfully (I don't know the make of the speakers they put in these things). Anyway, mine are crackling even when I have all sound muted. I try to play audio, and the sound breaks up every time the speakers decide to crackle; it's like waiting for a cow to cross the tracks. I have absolutely no idea what is causing this, as I haven't installed any new software in... *looks at log* ...a long time. It's in totally random spurts, and sounds almost reminiscent of a crab cautiously trailing through the sand. My first thought was that I needed a new driver for my soundcard, but seeing as how I can disable the damn thing and still get crackling, I'm inclined to think it's a hardware issue. What is my freaking problem?

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    For Hexon:

So this happened out of the blue? It may be the hardware has failed. Is it coming from both speakers? Have you tried external speakers or headphones?

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Lincoln:

Can you provide more info about your computer? Is it a Compaq or Dell or another brand and if so what is its model number.

Have you tried the drivers from Creative? http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp

And where does this crackling happen? In a media player? If so try a different one like Winamp(free) or Windows Media Player. It may also just be a setting in the player. Check the player and see what setings they offer for audio. You can also go to to Start - RUN - type DXDIAG. There should be a Sound tab where you can adjust the Acceleration. Try turning this down and see and then try playing the audio.

9. Hexon.Arq

Hexon.Arq

As a matter of fact, I did that, and it worked beautifully, which renders the conclusion that it is, in fact, the speakers. Damn. :( What's odd is that when it does occur, it seems to correspond to the movement of my finger on the touchpad, or the movement of the entire computer.

I find that's the tricky thing about laptops--I can't tell. It seems to be coming primarily from the left, but inspection also provides noise on the right, though I can't be certain my ears aren't tricking me, as there is not much space between the two.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167596

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice